Tuesday, March 27, 2012

War of the FOUNDATIONS!

               Chanel ProLumier vs Avon Healthy Makeup
                  
                                
           Come on over to my Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/MakeUpItMatters
                  Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shorty4u262002



                      


Todays blog will be the age old battle....Expensive vs Inexpensive.


I personally love a great bargain and am certainly not a LABLE WHORE.(.smiles) Yes from time to time there are some things that are worth paying the extra $ for. Today, however I am challenging that. We all know that CHANEL is one of the worlds most coveted lables whether it be their clothing, handbags, shoes, etc. I own a few things from the house of CHANEL & this foundation being one of them. I have the CHANEL PRO Lumiere in No. 30 and it cost me $65 for 1Fl oz. Now, to some, $65 for a bottle of foundation may not seem unreasonable. For me, from time to time being a makeup artist I have to purchase some "high end" products. How do I feel about CHANEL ProLumiere? I am not sorry I purchased it at all. I love the texture, which is very silky & the finish is dewy. It has excellent coverage & love the spf of 15. The packaging is very lovely & sturdy as well. Bonus: it has a pump so you never waste product. I found this foundation to have a very good lasting capability & photographs very well. The only cons I have for this product is, I wish it looked just a tad bit more natural & of course the pricing. The pricing does not at all make this obtainable for every gal out there. Which Brings me to AVONS HEALTHY MAKEUP FOUNDATIONS!


AVON HEALTHY MAKEUP FOUNDATION in my opinion is very comparable to CHANEL ProLumiere!! I am & always have been a very big fan of Avons products. I am especially in love with their Healthy Makeup line! I find it to be very similar to CHANEL in many ways...It has the same dewy glowing finish, glides on just as smoothly, long lasting & photographs like it's your skin. There are more pro's to Avons though! 1. The price is a lot cheaper...If you go to Avons outlet right now you can obtain a bottle for $3.99 YES!! That is not a typo! At that price you can can afford to use it everyday! 2. There is a larger variety of shades to choose from. 3. You can obtain several samples so that you can choose your own shade. Just get in touch with your local Avon Rep. without feeling the pressure of a makeup counter girl. I know some can make you feel a bit uncomfortable with their glare if you are not looking like a million bucks that day. This way, you can match it in the privacy of your own home without a glaring eye & passerby shoppers. 4. It looks NATURAL from the from the GITTY UP! It is effortless blending! The smell is amazing too! I honestly get more compliments using this foundation than I do CHANEL. The only cons is that it's spf is 10 not 15 , but that's ok as long is there is one. The big BOOOOO.....I believe it is being discontinued! However, DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE! I noticed that there are a lot of people on Amazon.com selling the entire line. So it should be readily available even after your Avon Rep no longer sells it. There is no pump. Plus is, the product does not come pouring out. I have to say that this foundation is one of my best picks to try to date. I couldn't be more pleased. So, head out to the internet world and find a AVON Rep in your area so that you can give this gem a whirl... See....if you just look a little you can find that pot of gold at the end of the makeup rainbow..hehe
Much Love, Dani

Sometimes less is more & in this case ...Sorry CHANEL, AVON is the clear WINNER..for cost, skin matching & natural finish...
Overall report card grades:
CHANEL ProLumiere: A-
Avon Healthy Makeup: A+

Healthy Makeup In Natural Beige

Here are the pics of both products &  photo of Muah wearing the Avon Healthy Makeup! Here's to adding a little extra glow to your face & the confidence of knowing you look great<3 ((HUGS))


Giveaway: When I reach 50 followers I will randomly select a winner to recieve a bottle of Healthy Makeup in PURE BEIGE. Brand new in box. This color is great for light to medium skin tones. It also mixes well with other foundations if you would rather use it as an adjuster. I must reach 50 followers by April 30, 2012 midnight eastern standard time. You must click the follow button & leave a quick comment..anything is fine as long as your nice hehe...Winner will be announced May 1, 2012 on that evenings blog. The winning FOLLOWER must contact me within 24hrs with information, ie,, email & address where the item needs to be sent or another person will be selected:/ Thanks for stopping by & Goodluck:)

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome writer you are... who knew.. I for one am of the stud variety, but as a photographer.. You di tend to notice the makeup a bit more... and I think its the magic behind the person applying it.. You! my dear are a master at it...Good luck and I will keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete